Sexual assault affects teen and young adults at an alarming rate. More than half of sexual assaults and rapes happen between the ages of 12 and 24. We make this age group a priority with the Teen Intervention Program. We work with teens and young adults between the ages of 12 and 24, offering the following services:
- 24-hour hotline
- One-on-one counseling: short term 12-session counseling
- Groups: we offer support, counseling, and educational groups
- Medical advocacy: we provide support and advocacy for sexual assault survivors who seek medical treatment at local hospitals, whether it be for treatment or an evidence collection kit.
- Legal advocacy: we provide legal advocacy for sexual assault survivors, from assisting them with filling out paperwork, to going with them to a court hearing or police station.
- Classroom/community group presentations: we can present on a wide variety of topics related to sexual assault including healthy relationships, what is consent, sex and relationships in the media.
A counselor can meet with teen and young adults at our office in Lynn, or can make arrangements to meet at schools or other places in the community.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact Diana Mancera, or call our office Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m